Friday, October 7, 2011

#96 Do the Right Thing

#96 Do the Right Thing (1989) 120 mins.


I do not like Spike Lee.
I do not like him, Sam I am. 
I do not like him in the hood. 
I did not like him if  I should.
I do not like him in Bedford-Stuy.
I did not like it when Radio Raheem died.
I did not like him cheering for the Knicks.
I still do not like him for his flix.


It's a hot day in Bedford-Stuy a neighborhood in Brooklyn.  People get pissed off, shit happens, the cops kill someone, there's a riot.  Does Mookie follow Malcom X or Dr. King's lead?  Prepare for a lot on "N" words to be dropped.


The cast is actually pretty surprising.  Spike Lee, Danny Aiello, John Turturro, Samuel L. Jackson, Martin Lawrence. And oh ya, Rosie Perez, which is enough to not watch this film just by herself.


Once again confused by the film.    Probably hard for me to tell because I'm a white boy from Indiana.


Movies Watched: 5
Movies to go: 95
Total Running time: 655 mins.


Up next: #95  The Last Picture Show (1971)

No comments:

Post a Comment